Monday, November 23, 2015

"Steal Like an Artist" A Helpful Guide For Art Creators

Steal Like an Artist A Helpful Guide For Art Creators
"Steal Like an Artist - 10 Things Nobody Told You About Being Creative" is a helpful guide for art creators written by Austin Kleon.

If you read my last post that name might sound familiar. He is the same author who wrote "Show Your Work!", which I posted about. This book is a New York Times bestseller that tells how to get ideas from what is already out there and revamp it into something of your own.

I know I get inspiration from other artwork that I see. I will sometimes see a small part of something in a painting that inspires me and I will take that small part and build a whole painting of my own around it. I think any artistic person would find this book to be very insightful.

Below is a TV interview with Austin Kleon, the author himself.