Saturday, November 14, 2015

Do Artists Like Art As Gifts?

As a friend to a creative person you might ask yourself, do artist like art as gifts? As an artistic person myself, I can tell you, yes we do. Especially if it's a piece from someone we admire or if it's in a style we like or do ourselves.

For instance, I love and do surrealism, so I would enjoy getting a print or a poster of something done in that style.

A friend of mine gave me this old poster he found at a thrift shop of a piece by Salvador Dali, my all time favorite painter.

Now this was a cheap print that was a little faded and poorly framed and I loved it. Not only because it was by Dali, but also because it was one of my favorite pieces of his.

Some people think that because we have a creative talent that if we wanted a piece by some other creator we would just recreate ourselves. But that's not true.

We appreciate the talents and efforts of other creatives and would greatly appreciate owning something that they created.