Friday, November 13, 2015

How I Do A Painting - My Avatar Art

Today I decided that I would give you a look at how I do a painting. This is one of my Avatar art pieces. I have done a few of them because I was such a huge fan of the movie.



When I work on a piece, it's basically in three stages. I first do the drawing, which is the layout stage of the process.

I then lay down a thin coat of paint using acrylics because they dry fast and allow me to get to the next stage quicker. This part lets me separate things so I can see where everything is.

After that comes the last part where I lay on the oil paint. This is where I start adding the details and bring the artwork to life.

I hope you enjoyed seeing my work in development. I just wanted to take a break from the regular "Gift For Artist" post and give you a little insight into what I Do.